How to Make The Perfect Apple Pie: Urdu – English
Traditionally apple pie is a favourite dessert in most English speaking countries’, which can be served as it is or with whipped cream and ice cream. Sometimes kids don’t like to eat apple as a fruit so try to make different kind of recipes with fruits and make their food healthy. In this apple pie, you will learn how to make the perfect apple pie.
How to Make The Perfect Apple Pie
Ingredients for Short crust Pastry
- Flour – 3 cups/12 oz
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Butter or 200 gm/8 tbsp/8 OZ
- Sugar – 4 oz/8 tbsp leveled
- Egg yolk – 1
- Take a bowl, add flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, butter, sugar and egg yolk, mix well until it turns into bread crumbs.
- Then make dough with chilled water and divide into 2 parts.
- Roll out one part and place on 9″pie plate, prick and apply egg whites with brush, bake in preheated oven on 180 ºC for 15 minutes.
- Then pour cooked apple filling, cover with other part of short crust pastry, apply egg whites and bake in preheated oven on 180 ºC for 25 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream or as it is with tea or coffee.
Ingredients for filling:
- Peeled and sliced apples – 1 kg
- Sugar – 8 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Take a pan, add apple, sugar, cinnamon powder and lemon juice, cook for 10 minutes.
- Then sprinkle corn flour and mix well.
- Now fill this filling on pie plate and cover with other dough of pie.
- Then apply egg whites and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.